I would like to say a big thank you to you and all staff that have worked with my students you have raised aspirations and confidence in my students.
LifeSkills were awarded an overall ‘Good’ grading in their June 2016 inspection
- Overall effectiveness – Good
- Effectiveness of leadership and management – Good
- Quality of teaching, learning and assessment – Good
- Personal development, behaviour and welfare – Good
- Outcomes for learners – Good
- 16 to 19 study programmes – Good
- Apprenticeships – Good
Ofsted made the following comments about LifeSkills:
- The large majority of learners achieve their qualifications and trainees progress well to further study, apprenticeships or work.
- A high proportion of study programme learners achieve their functional skills qualifications at the first attempt.
- Teachers have good subject knowledge which they use well to help learners and apprentices develop good practical skills to industry standard.
- Staff provide good pastoral and educational support for learners to overcome personal difficulties that may become barriers to learning.
- Learners receive good impartial advice and guidance about the options available to them.
- Apprentices develop good work-related skills which are valued by employers.
- Senior leaders and managers extend the aspirations, progression opportunities and employability of trainees, learners and apprentices.
- Senior leaders, managers and staff work closely with local and regional employers, partners and learners to ensure that learning programmes meet employers’ business priorities and the expectations of learners.