Being on the traineeship at LifeSkills has enabled me to update my Maths and English and learn about new things such as; British values and money management
LifeSkills were awarded an overall ‘Good’ grading in their June 2016 inspection
- Overall effectiveness – Good
- Effectiveness of leadership and management – Good
- Quality of teaching, learning and assessment – Good
- Personal development, behaviour and welfare – Good
- Outcomes for learners – Good
- 16 to 19 study programmes – Good
- Apprenticeships – Good
Ofsted made the following comments about LifeSkills:
- The large majority of learners achieve their qualifications and trainees progress well to further study, apprenticeships or work.
- A high proportion of study programme learners achieve their functional skills qualifications at the first attempt.
- Teachers have good subject knowledge which they use well to help learners and apprentices develop good practical skills to industry standard.
- Staff provide good pastoral and educational support for learners to overcome personal difficulties that may become barriers to learning.
- Learners receive good impartial advice and guidance about the options available to them.
- Apprentices develop good work-related skills which are valued by employers.
- Senior leaders and managers extend the aspirations, progression opportunities and employability of trainees, learners and apprentices.
- Senior leaders, managers and staff work closely with local and regional employers, partners and learners to ensure that learning programmes meet employers’ business priorities and the expectations of learners.