I would like to say a big thank you to you and all staff that have worked with my students you have raised aspirations and confidence in my students.
LifeSkills and Progressions Covid update 5th January 2021
Following on from the recent government ‘COVID’ announcement and national lockdown, where colleges and FE providers will move to mainly remote learning until after February half-term. More details about the recent update can be found here
Under the new guidance we will only provide on-site learning provision for vulnerable learners, other priority groups and those with exams and assessments already scheduled for January.
Exams and assessments scheduled for January will go ahead as planned.
It is intended that full on-site provision will recommence following February half-term.
We will contact you/son/daughter through google classroom, Facebook, phone and email to give them more information on when and how they need to attend or to sit exams or be set remote learning prior to the full return after February half-term.
Your LifeSkills and Progressions centres have carefully followed government and Public Health England advice to ensure learners and staff can attend their courses and work in a safe environment.
In centres, you will notice several measures to reduce the Covid-19 risk, including:
- Limiting the amount of contact between different groups of learners by having ‘bubbles’. Classes will have different break times to help ‘bubbles’ reduce contact.
- Careful Covid-19 planning of the classroom space to be as Covid safe as possible and also limiting movement around the centre during the day.
- Promotion and enforcement of regular hand washing and sanitising and encouraging good general hygiene. Catch it, Bin it, Kill it will be the message – and centres will have several sanitising stations to help everyone #staysafe.
- Regular cleaning and sanitisation of classrooms and the centre in general will happen between different classes (bubbles) and at the start and end of each day.
- Government advice states that wearing face masks in educational settings is not recommended, however LifeSkills/Progressions will provide face masks to learners if they feel more confident and safe by wearing one. Bags will be supplied for learners to safely store re-usable face masks when in the centre and we will provide specific waste bins for the disposable of masks.
- We will be asking learners not to congregate outside centres or meeting outside of their ‘bubble’.
- We would recommend that learners travel to and from their centre by car, if they can get a lift from someone in the same household, by bike or by walking. LifeSkills/Progressions will provide face masks to learners who do not have one to use on public transport, if there is no other alternative to using public routes.
- If anyone were to show signs or, symptoms of the virus, we will ensure that person is at the centre of prompt action to reduce the risk of transmission and keep all learners and staff safe.
- We will carry out regular risk assessments and review our procedures and processes to ensure all staff and learners remain safe.
LifeSkills and Progressions take your safety very seriously and we have taken all the steps outlined above to allow you not only to attend your course, but to learn and maximise the benefits of your course.
If there is anything you are unsure about or if you need some reassurance, we are here to help. Ask your tutor or your centre manager and they will answer any questions or queries you might have.
We are really looking forward to seeing you all as soon as possible and let’s #staysafe #together and look out for one another.