I would like to say a big thank you to you and all staff that have worked with my students you have raised aspirations and confidence in my students.
LifeSkills and Progressions centres are fully open from August 3rd
We have been working really hard since lockdown and the government announcement that education settings are to re-open for the new academic year. All of our centres are Covid-19 safe and ready to welcome back learners to start or continue their courses in full time education.
Your LifeSkills and Progressions centre have carefully followed government and Public Health England advice to ensure learners and staff can attend their courses and work in a safe environment.
In centres, you will notice several measures to reduce the Covid-19 risk, including:
- Limiting the amount of contact between different groups of learners by having ‘bubbles’. Classes will have different break times to help ‘bubbles’ reduce contact.
- Careful Covid-19 planning of the classroom space to be as Covid safe as possible and also limiting movement around the centre during the day.
- Promotion and enforcement of regular hand washing and sanitising and encouraging good and respiratory hygiene. Catch it, Bin it, Kill it will be the message – and centres will have several sanitising stations to help everyone #staysafe.
- Regular cleaning and sanitisation of classrooms and the centre in general will happen between different classes (bubbles) and at the start of and the end of each day.
- Government advice states that wearing face masks in educational settings is not recommended, however LifeSkills/Progressions will provide face masks to learners if they feel more confident and safe by wearing one. Bags will be supplied for learners to safely store re-usable face masks when in the centre as well as specific waste bins for disposable masks.
- We will be asking learners to not congregate outside centres or meeting outside of their ‘bubble’.
- We would recommend that learners travel to and from their centre by car, if they can get a lift from someone in the same household, by bike or by walking. LifeSkills/Progressions will provide face masks to learners who do not have one to use on public transport, if there is no other alternative to using public routes.
- If anyone were to show signs, symptoms of the virus, we will ensure that person is at the centre of prompt action to reduce the risk of transmission and keep all learners and staff safe.
- Carrying out regular risk assessments and reviewing our procedures and processes to ensure all staff and learners remain safe.
LifeSkills and Progressions take your safety very seriously and we have taken all the steps outlined above to allow you to not only attend your course, but to learn and maximise the benefit of the course to you.
If there is anything you are unsure about or need some reassurance, we are here to help. Ask your tutor or your centre manager and they will answer any questions or queries you might have.
We are really looking forward to seeing you all and let’s #staysafe #together and look out for one another.