New to NEFA for 2020. Girls football academy. Train, develop and improve your football whilst continuing in education. Find out more at www.nefa.co.uk/
LifeSkills and Progressions UK centres and Covid-19.
Following government guidance that colleges should offer some form of face to face contact for 16-19 year old learners LifeSkills and Progressions centres have reopened for just a select group of students so we can help them complete their courses on schedule and allow them to progress onto the next stage of their career journey.
LifeSkills/Progressions UK have been be following the available extensive government advice to ensure learners and staff can attend centres and work in a safe environment and we have put measures in place to reduce risks including:
- Limiting the amount of contact between different groups of learners by having small class sizes and in most cases 1-1 or 2-1.
- Sanitising and encouraging good hand and respiratory hygiene and providing sanitising stations throughout the centres.
- Government advice states that wearing face masks in educational settings is not recommended however LifeSkills/Progressions UK will provide face masks to learners if they feel more confident and safe by wearing one.
- We are only asking learners to attend if they need to carry out assessments or exams that cannot be done through calculated assessment or they would benefit more from face to face contact with their tutor.
- Asking learners to travel to and from the centre by either by car, if they can get a lift from someone in the same household, by bike or walking. LifeSkills/Progressions UK will provide face masks to learners who have to use public transport if there is no other alternative.
Centre openings have so far been very successful and both students and staff have been fantastic in the observance of the ‘new normal’ operations within centres and we thought we would share a couple of images from centres.
We will continue to actively monitor government guidance and adapt our procedures to ensure everyone’s safety and we hope to be welcoming more students to all our centres very soon.
If you have any questions about LifeSkills centres please get in touch at email@example.com
Stay safe everyone