LifeSkills are always friendly and have a flexible approach with our learners. They are supportive and really understand the student’s needs.
What is a traineeship?
A traineeship is focused on giving young people the skills and experience that employers are looking for, with the aim of then progressing into an apprenticeship or employment.
LifeSkills/Progressions UK traineeships are designed to deliver a programme which meets both the needs of both the employer and the trainee.
Our Traineeships last up to 17 weeks and include the following key elements:
- Work preparation and employability skills training provided by LifeSkills/Progressions UK
- English and maths support as required, provided by LifeSkills/Progressions UK
- A high-quality work experience placement with a suitable employer
How does it work?
- Applicants attend an interview and are assessed for their suitability for the programme, and the work sector/s they are interested in for a job or career. Suitable applicants will then be matched with employer placement vacancies, interviews arranged with a potential employers and a date set for the learner to start their work placement.
- Learners also attend a LifeSkills/Progressions UK training centre 1 day per week where they work on developing their maths, English and employability skills further to support them in being able to progress successfully within and from the traineeship and prepare them for life and work in modern Britain.
- While on the traineeship, learners may be eligible for a weekly attendance allowance for the duration of the programme and will be reimbursed for travel costs (bus/train fares).
- Towards the end of the traineeship increased emphasis is be placed on applying for jobs and apprenticeships with may trainees being successful in gaining jobs and apprenticeships before or at the end of the course – add progression data figure or link to a case study .
- Learners who complete their work placement can also gain a reference from their employer to add to their CV along with the skills and experience they have gained. All which will help them when applying for future employment opportunities.