I would like to say a big thank you to you and all staff that have worked with my students you have raised aspirations and confidence in my students.
Construction study programme
Want to work in construction?
If you like the idea of learning a trade to work in the construction industry, then our course is the perfect start for you.
All courses are personalised to the individual with a core learning of Employability and Personal Development, Health and Safety and Functional Skills in Maths, English and ICT.
You will receive expert training in bricklaying, plastering (Rotherham only), plumbing, carpentry and painting and decorating.
Your exact duties will vary with employers, but include:
- ground working – marking out and digging trenches for foundations and drains
- form working – putting up panels that hold setting concrete in place
- steel fixing – bending and fixing bars used to reinforce concrete structures
- steel piling – joining steel sheets to form temporary retaining walls for excavations
- concreting – laying concrete for foundations, floors and beams
- road working – laying kerbs, paving and resurfacing.
What an employer may be looking for:
- knowledge of building and construction
- the ability to be thorough and pay attention to detail
- the ability to use, repair and maintain machines and tools
- the ability to work well with your hands
- the ability to work well with others
- patience and the ability to remain calm in stressful situations
- the ability to accept criticism and work well under pressure
- knowledge of Maths
- to be able to carry out basic tasks on a computer or hand-held device.
The LifeSkills Construction study programme will help you develop these skills and prepare you for the next step in your construction career. Once you have completed the course you could go on to a higher level course or apprenticeship or decide to specialise in a particular trade. You could work in a workshop, at a client’s business, on a construction site or at a client’s home. Once fully qualified you could earn between £14,000 to £40,000 a year, depending on your trade and experience.
All of our programmes are designed to help you develop your English and Maths and improve your grades where needed. You will also get the chance to do some work experience to help you put what you have learnt into practice and get that vital experience on to your CV.
With all these qualifications and new-found confidence, you’ll dramatically increase your chances of an apprenticeship or employment which means money in your pocket.
So no matter what type of business you want to work in, the Construction study programme could be your first step in helping you get your first job or getting an apprenticeship.
Why not find out more by filling in the easy application form?