Being on the traineeship at LifeSkills has enabled me to update my Maths and English and learn about new things such as; British values and money management
Effective Leadership & Management are key to the success of any organisation and to the staff who they employ. Inspirational leadership brings about positive outcomes for people, businesses, and wider communities and effective management ensures that success is achieved and people are supported, to achieve the common goal.
- Employed in a Management position
- Must be a UK citizen or citizen of the EU or be a resident of the United Kingdom
Who is it for? – suitable for Managers in a role where you have responsibility for achieving operational or departmental goals and objectives; maybe a role such as Operations Manager, Regional Manager, Divisional Manager or Department Manager? However, this is not an exclusive list and other Specialist Management roles, where they are responsible for creating and delivering operational plans, managing projects, leading/managing teams, managing change and financial and resource management this may also make this the right qualification for you!
What does it cover? Level 5 managers are often responsible for everything and the qualification focuses on the skills and knowledge, which are key in supporting that. These can be seen in 3 key areas:
- People Skills – leading and managing people, communication and building relationships
- Management – Operational, project and finance
- Personal Management – Self-awareness, self-management and problem solving/decision making
What will you have to do? Complete assignments, gather a portfolio of evidence (work activities) and complete an end assessment including
What Benefits will it bring? Along with giving you a recognised qualification, to improve your prospects, it will give skills, improved confidence and experience in Management activities. Additionally, professional recognition with 2 years’ membership to ILM; starting immediately you sign up, with Institute of Leadership & Management studying membership and benefits.
The qualification allows learners to progress in their career or to the
following ILM qualifications:
- ILM Level 6 Award in Management
- Chartered Manager Degree Apprenticeship (England only)
- ILM Level 7 Qualifications in Leadership and Management
- Management related degree