LifeSkills are always friendly and have a flexible approach with our learners. They are supportive and really understand the student’s needs.
A new opportunity to join a business in Sheffield that was founded in 1936. This job is based at a doctors surgery and will consist of shadowing of the reception area and later lead to helping on reception.
The main purpose of this role is to ensure that enquiries from patients are handled in a professional, efficient, friendly and courteous manner. This business is now looking for a motivated business administration apprentice to join their team.
The business administration role, for the right individual, will include the below:
- Greet patients on arrival
- Answer general enquiries, explain surgery procedures and make appointments, both at the counter and by telephone
- Liaise with other agencies (district nurses, social services and ambulance services)
- Ensure that an adequate supply of stationery is available in reception and consulting rooms
- Attend appropriate practice meetings and training courses
- Scan clinical correspondence onto patients medical records
- Open incoming mail
- Cover for reception colleagues on a rota basis
- Extract records from files when required
- Scanning and filing
- Other administrative duties on request
About the employer
The Practice was founded in 1936 by Richard Panniker's Grandfather who had qualified in Sheffield. They have the privilege of having three and four generations of some families registered with them. At Grenoside and Wadsley Bridge Surgery their aim is to provide excellent medical care to all of their patients.