LifeSkills are always friendly and have a flexible approach with our learners. They are supportive and really understand the student’s needs.
A new opportunity has arisen to join a business who have carried out building and construction work for some of the UK’s leading companies. Their experience also spans the education sector and local government. They offer property maintenance services that cover all aspects of painting, decorating and building. This business can devise a programme of planned, scheduled property maintenance to ensure facilities always look at their very best.
This job role will be in the Head Office of a business that provides services throughout the whole of the UK.
The Business Administration role, for the right individual, will include the below:
- Taking and directing calls
- Contacting their labour for material requirements
- Placing orders with suppliers and issuing purchase orders
- Ensuring deliveries are made on time to site and liaising with on-site staff
- Hiring of plant and equipment and prompt off hire
- Obtaining quotes for materials and plant and negotiating prices
- Obtaining quotes from subcontractors for various elements of work for projects
- Assisting contract managers with the quotation process
- Take-offs from plans for quoting purposes
- Contact Companies to introduce the business to obtain tenders
- Familiarity with building contracts requirements
- Understand Health and Safety regulations and the implications
- Use of spreadsheets, Dropbox
- Checking hours on weekly timesheets
- Willingness to help colleagues with any business matter
About the employer
Wetheralds provides a specialist painting and decorating service, tailored to meet the demands of any industrial or commercial environment. Their relationships with leading paint manufacturers enable Wetheralds to access the best materials to suit a setting, as well as the ability to colour match for brand consistency with corporate colours or an interior design theme.