LifeSkills are always friendly and have a flexible approach with our learners. They are supportive and really understand the student’s needs.
LifeSkills and Progressions UK centres are set to re-open on 1st June 2020.
Following government guidance that colleges should offer some form of face to face contact for 16-19 year old learners, which states:’We want to get all FE learners back into education as soon as the scientific advice allows because it is the best place for them to learn, and because we know how important it is for their mental wellbeing to have social interactions with their peers and teachers.’
LifeSkills/Progressions UK will be following the government advice to ensure learners and staff can attend and work in a safe environment and have put measures in place to reduce risks by:
- Limiting the amount of contact between different groups of learners by having small class sizes and in most cases 1-1 or 2-1 depending on the activity throughout June.
- Sanitising and encouraging good hand and respiratory hygiene and providing sanitising stations throughout the centre.
- Government advice states that wearing face masks in educational settings is not recommended however LifeSkills/Progressions UK will provide face masks to learners if they feel more confident and safe by wearing one.
- Only asking learners to attend if they need to carry out assessments or exams that cannot be done through calculated assessment or they would benefit more from face to face contact with their tutor.
- Asking learners to travel to and from the centre by either by car, if they can get a lift from someone in the same household, by bike or walking. LifeSkills/Progressions UK will provide face masks to learners who have to use public transport if there is no other alternative.
We will be in contact with individual learners and their parents or carers regarding any attendance at a centre and to discuss any concerns they may have.