Inspection Reports and Comments
Lifeskills received a Grade 2 for Overall Effectiveness from Ofsted in October 2009. Three Grade 1's (Outstanding) were awarded for Leadership and Management, Capacity to Improve and Equality and Diversity.
Ofsted made the following comments about Lifeskills:
- The overall effectiveness of Lifeskills is good.
- Teaching and Learning are good as are resources.
- The extent to which the programmes meets the interests and needs of learners is outstanding.
- Partnership working is outstanding.
- Senior Managers provide outstanding strategic leadership.
- The promotion of equality and diversity is outstanding.
- Self assessment is a highly effective process.
- Arrangements for safeguarding learners are good.
- Lifeskills provides particularly effective personalised support for learners to overcome barriers to learning.
- Pastoral support for learners is very good.
- Lifeskills demonstrates an outstanding capacity to improve.
Entry to Employment
- The outcomes for learners are good.
- Learners feel safe and enjoy attending their centres. They feel protected from bullying and harrassment.
- Learners develop good personal, social and employability skills.
- There are good opportunities for learners to gain a range of qualifications.
- Learners participate in a wide range of activities to support their local communities and charities.
- Teaching and learning are good.
- Leadership and management of e2e is good.
- Equality and Diversity is outstanding.
- Success rates are outstanding.
- Learners make very good progress on their learning programmes.
- Learners benefit from increases in self-confidence and self-esteem.
- Lifeskills promotes health and safety well.
- The range of programmes is wide and responsive to employers and learners needs.
- Learners receive very good advice and guidance.
- Leadership and management and Equality and Diversity are outstanding.